147th Convention of the Diocese of Bethlehem
October 12-13, 2018 (please note change of date and location)
Seating of the new Bishop and Holy Eucharist will be at the Cathedral Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem.
The convention will be held at:
Homewood Suites by Hilton Center Valley
3350 Center Valley Parkway
Center Valley, PA 18034
Group Rate: $119 per night. Reservations need to be made prior to September 13th.
Reservations can be made by:
- Calling the hotel and mentioning code ECB
- Online with Homewood Suites using Group Code: ECB. Be sure to click on “add special rate codes” to enter the group code before clicking “check rooms & rates”.
Call for Resolutions
Resolutions for the 147th Diocese of Bethlehem Convention are being accepted through July 15, 2018. Resolutions can be submitted by:
A Diocesan Committee or Commission
Three (3) delegates to convention
Resolutions must be submitted in the following format:
Title of Resolution
The full text of the resolution beginning with “Be it resolved”
The explanation of the resolution
The name(s) of Committee or Commission or those submitting the resolution
- Resolutions must be received by July 15, 2018. This is a firm date.
- Email completed resolutions to Paula Lapinski, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resolutions can also be mailed: 333 Wyandotte St., Bethlehem, PA 18015 or Faxed: 610-691-1682
Call for Nominations
The Nominating Committee calls for nominations for the following slates:
The Commission on Ministry
- Two to be elected.
- One (1) clergy person and one (1) lay person for a three-year term.
The Diocesan Council
- Four to be elected.
- Two (2) clergy persons and two (2) lay person for a three year term.
The Standing Committee
- Two to be elected.
- One (1) clergy person and one (1) lay person to be elected for a four-year term.
Deadline for submission is July 15, 2018. This is a firm date.
Lay Delegates to the 147th Diocesan Convention
Based on Title I Canon 1 Section 2 of the Canons of the Diocese of Bethlehem
Each Parish and each Mission shall elect one or more Lay Delegates based on the number of lay members as reported in the annual Parochial Report for the year ending December 31 preceding to to represent said Parish and Mission in Convention; and may also elect Alternates, equal in number to the Delegates to which the Parish or Mission is entitled, to take the place of the regular Delegates in case of absence:
Number of Lay Members Reported in Parochial Report
- Less than 100 1 (one) Lay Delegate
- 100 – 299 2 (two) Lay Delegates
- 300 – 499 3 (three) Lay Delegates
- 500 – 699 4 (four) Lay Delegates
Parishes or Missions reporting 700 or more lay members in the Parochial Report shall have an additional delegate for each additional 199 lay members reported above 700.
The certificate must be completed and sent to the diocesan office through mail, FAX or to email@example.com by February 28, 2018.
Certificate of Election of Lay Delegates (fillable PDF)