The 148th Convention of the Diocese of Bethlehem
The convention will be held October 4-5 at:
1741 Papermill Road
Reading, PA 19610
Rooms can be booked at the Crown Plaza at a discounted rate through this link or by calling 610-376-3811 and reserving a room in the Diocese of Bethlehem’s block.
Convention Eucharist will take place at:
Lay Delegates to Diocesan Convention
Based on Title I Canon 1 Section 2 of the Canons of the Diocese of Bethlehem
Each Parish and each Mission shall elect one or more Lay Delegates based on the number of lay members as reported in the annual Parochial Report for the year ending December 31 preceding to to represent said Parish and Mission in Convention; and may also elect Alternates, equal in number to the Delegates to which the Parish or Mission is entitled, to take the place of the regular Delegates in case of absence:
Number of Lay Members Reported in Parochial Report
- Less than 100 1 (one) Lay Delegate
- 100 – 299 2 (two) Lay Delegates
- 300 – 499 3 (three) Lay Delegates
- 500 – 699 4 (four) Lay Delegates
Parishes or Missions reporting 700 or more lay members in the Parochial Report shall have an additional delegate for each additional 199 lay members reported above 700.
Call for Resolutions
Resolutions for the 148th Diocese of Bethlehem Convention are being accepted through July 15, 2019. Resolutions can be submitted by:
A Diocesan Committee or Commission
Three (3) delegates to convention
Resolutions must be submitted in the following format:
Title of Resolution
The full text of the resolution beginning with “Be it resolved”
The explanation of the resolution
The name(s) of Committee or Commission or those submitting the resolution
- Resolutions must be received by July 15, 2018. This is a firm date.
- Email completed resolutions to Paula Lapinski, email@example.com
- Resolutions can also be mailed: 333 Wyandotte St., Bethlehem, PA 18015 or Faxed: 610-691-1682
Each diocese is tasked with reading and considering resolutions which have been proposed by General Convention. The following document contains nine resolutions that propose changes to the Constitution, as well as well as several others which request action or consideration, or which offer information. Please read the resolutions and be prepared to offer feedback by the 148th Diocesan Convention in 2019.
Call For Nominations
The Nominating Committee calls for nominations for the following slates:
The Commission on Ministry
- Two to be elected.
- One (1) clergy person and one (1) lay person for a three-year term.
The Diocesan Council
- Four to be elected.
- Two (2) clergy persons and two (2) lay person for a three year term.
The Standing Committee
- Two to be elected.
- One (1) clergy person and one (1) lay person to be elected for a four-year term.
General Convention Deputation
- Eight to be elected.
- Four (4) clergy persons and four (4) lay persons to be elected for a three-year term.
- Four (4) clergy persons and four (4) lay persons to be elected as alternates
Deadline for submission is July 15, 2019. This is a firm date.
For a description of duties and meeting information, download the Nominating Petition.