- Who We Are
- What's Happening
- How We Serve
- Sharing New Hope
- How We Work
- March 26, 2015 From Bishop Sean: Creating and Recreating a Life Together As the holy season of Lent draws to a close and we make our way closer to the cross, I find myself giving thanks for this season of self-examination and repentance. This surprises me because Lent is not my favorite season of the year. While I know that living a life centered in God requires a level of self-awareness that comes, in part, from the fruits of our Lenten observances, the prospect of exercising more discipline or getting ‘real’ about the ways in which my life does not align with the precepts of our faith is not always welcome. Yet, I have found over and over again that it is only through this discipline, only through this reality check, that we can move into the future that God wants for us.
- March 26, 2015 Saying Yes: Bethlehem Emergency Sheltering Bethlehem’s emergency shelter program is a lifesaver — and not just for those who are homeless.
- March 11, 2015 From Bishop Sean: The Listening Has Just Begun Bishop Sean writes about the process of developing a strategic plan and mission strategy for the Diocese of Bethlehem and how the recently released listening report will inform that process.
- March 10, 2015 Trepagnier to be Canon for Administration and Communication On March 10, Bishop Rowe announced that Jo Trepagnier will be the new canon for administration and communications in the Episcopal Diocese of Bethlehem.
- February 26, 2015 Listening Report Released Last spring, the diocese asked the Rev. Dr. Alvin C. Johnson of the Episcopal Moment consulting firm to conduct a “listening process” as the 17-year episcopacy of Bishop Paul Marshall came to an end. In a letter to the diocese in July, the Standing Committee described the process as an opportunity for people “to share their stories, ideas and concerns so that together the clergy and laity of the diocese can shape a hopeful future in which all are empowered to participate in God's mission.” This is the text of his report, which was reviewed by Bishop Sean Rowe and the Standing Committee at their regular monthly meeting on February 24:
The Diocese of Bethlehem Welcomes You!
Live God's love. Tell what you have seen and heard!
Welcome to the Diocese of Bethlehem! We are a community of parishes and institutions in the fourteen counties of Northeastern Pennsylvania. We seek to celebrate and share the love of God in word and deed. We are a part of The Episcopal Church and through it members of the Anglican Communion, the world’s third-largest body of Christians. In all that we do, we aim to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ. Learn More...
Christophany Registration Now Open
Calling all Diocesan Middle School & High School Youth: If you want to challenge yourself (high and low rope courses), connect with other youth, make new friends or just plain have fun come to Christophany on April 24-26 at Bear Creek Camp near Wilkes-Barre!
More information and Register online here
Register by April 15.
Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 4 pm, Cathedral Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem
Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 4 pm, St. Gabriel’s Douglassville
Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 5 pm St. Luke’s, Scranton