- Who We Are
- What's Happening
- How We Serve
- Sharing New Hope
- How We Work
- February 26, 2015 Listening Report Released Last spring, the diocese asked the Rev. Dr. Alvin C. Johnson of the Episcopal Moment consulting firm to conduct a “listening process” as the 17-year episcopacy of Bishop Paul Marshall came to an end. In a letter to the diocese in July, the Standing Committee described the process as an opportunity for people “to share their stories, ideas and concerns so that together the clergy and laity of the diocese can shape a hopeful future in which all are empowered to participate in God's mission.” This is the text of his report, which was reviewed by Bishop Sean Rowe and the Standing Committee at their regular monthly meeting on February 24:
- February 26, 2015 A Return to Kajo Keji Archdeacon Rick Cluett writes about his January 2015 trip to the Diocese of Kajo Keji in South Sudan. He traveled with New Hope Chair Charlie Barebo and Canon Dennis Blauser from the Diocese of Northwestern Pennsylvania.
- February 26, 2015 A Letter from the Audit Committee: February 20, 2015 The audit committee writes with an update on the status of the overdue audits for 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- February 19, 2015 Staff Reductions Announced Today marks another difficult step in reducing the size of the diocesan staff so that more of our resources can be committed to the essential ministry of local congregations. Effective immediately, I have eliminated the full-time position of administrative assistant to the bishop and archdeacon, and the quarter-time position of communications missioner, and regretfully ended the employment of Nanette Smith and Adam Bond.
- February 18, 2015 Bishop Sean's Ash Wednesday Message 2015 "As you prepare to observe the holy season of Lent, I invite you to meditate with me on how we as individuals and as a people can bring good news to the poor, to consider whom we ourselves oppress and how they can be set free, and to join with me and with the other members of our diocese in proclaiming in words and in actions the year of the Lord’s favor."
The Diocese of Bethlehem Welcomes You!
Live God's love. Tell what you have seen and heard!
Welcome to the Diocese of Bethlehem! We are a community of parishes and institutions in the fourteen counties of Northeastern Pennsylvania. We seek to celebrate and share the love of God in word and deed. We are a part of The Episcopal Church and through it members of the Anglican Communion, the world’s third-largest body of Christians. In all that we do, we aim to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ. Learn More...
Diocesan Training Day 2015: Gifts for Ministry
8:30am to 3:15pm
St. Stephen's Pro-Cathedral
35 South Franklin Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
Registration deadline: Wednesday, March 4
Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 4 pm, Cathedral Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem
Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 4 pm, St. Gabriel’s Douglassville
Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 5 pm St. Luke’s, Scranton