- Who We Are
- What's Happening
- How We Serve
- Sharing New Hope
- How We Work
- April 23, 2015 Our Powerful Witness: A Message From Bishop Sean Bishop Sean writes about the powerful witness that the Diocese of Bethlehem has to share with the world.
- April 23, 2015 Great Sermon! Now, How About My Carburetor? The Rev. Earl Trygar, rector of St. Mark's Episcopal Church in Moscow, is also known as Mr. Fix It. His garage, Trygar's Auto Center, is the only garage in town.
- March 26, 2015 From Bishop Sean: Creating and Recreating a Life Together As the holy season of Lent draws to a close and we make our way closer to the cross, I find myself giving thanks for this season of self-examination and repentance. This surprises me because Lent is not my favorite season of the year. While I know that living a life centered in God requires a level of self-awareness that comes, in part, from the fruits of our Lenten observances, the prospect of exercising more discipline or getting ‘real’ about the ways in which my life does not align with the precepts of our faith is not always welcome. Yet, I have found over and over again that it is only through this discipline, only through this reality check, that we can move into the future that God wants for us.
- March 26, 2015 Saying Yes: Bethlehem Emergency Sheltering Bethlehem’s emergency shelter program is a lifesaver — and not just for those who are homeless.
- March 11, 2015 From Bishop Sean: The Listening Has Just Begun Bishop Sean writes about the process of developing a strategic plan and mission strategy for the Diocese of Bethlehem and how the recently released listening report will inform that process.
The Diocese of Bethlehem Welcomes You!
Live God's love. Tell what you have seen and heard!
Welcome to the Diocese of Bethlehem! We are a community of parishes and institutions in the fourteen counties of Northeastern Pennsylvania. We seek to celebrate and share the love of God in word and deed. We are a part of The Episcopal Church and through it members of the Anglican Communion, the world’s third-largest body of Christians. In all that we do, we aim to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ. Learn More...
May 12 Clergy Day Registration Now Open
Stewardship Conference Registration Now Open
On May 30, the Diocesan Stewardship and Evangelism Committee hosts a day-long conference at St. Stephen's Pro-Cathedral in Wilkes-Barre. The Rev. Dr. C.K. Robertson, canon to the presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church, will lead the day. His topic will be "The Barnabas Principle: A Practical Approach to Congregational Development."
Robertson, a distinguished visiting professor at General Theological Seminary, is a fellow of the Episcopal Church Foundation and has served on the board of the Episcopal Network for Stewardship. He is the author of several books about the life of Barnabas and Paul, including "Transforming Stewardship" and "Barnabas vs. Paul," which will be given to attendees.
Date: Saturday, May 30
Time: 8:30 am-3 pm
Cost: $15, including breakfast, lunch and two books
Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 4 pm, St. Gabriel’s Douglassville
Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 5 pm St. Luke’s, Scranton