Congregational Development Grants
Applications for Congregational Development Grants from the Diocese of Bethlehem will be available in November and accepted until December 15. Grants are provided to:
- Support the development of congregations in carrying out their mission and ministry
- Provide short-term financial support during a period of transitions for congregations that have undergone change (e.g. fire, flood, rapid growth)
- Provide financial support for congregations who are not self-sufficient to enable ministry in places where there is a viable witness to Jesus Christ.
Funding for grants comes from funds allocated in the diocesan budget approved by the Diocesan Convention in October. Diocesan Council will make grants in February.
Please email Paula Lapinski to request an application form or to learn more.
- Allentown, Grace Church $15,000
- Allentown, St. Andrew’s $5,000
- Carbondale, Trinity $4,000
- Lebanon, St. Luke’s $10,000
- Mountain Top, St. Martins $2,000
- Palmerton, St. John’s $6,000
- Reading, Christ Church $10,000
- Tunkhannock, St. Peter’s $2,000
- West Pittston, Trinity 6,000
- Whitehall, St. Stephen’s 10,000
Creation Care Grants
The Advisory Council on the Stewardship of Creation is pleased to make available funds for creation care initiatives. The purpose of these funds is to equip Episcopalians for reconciliation with Creation in accordance with our mandate as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Episcopal Church Building Fund
visit the ECBF website
visit the Episcopal Church Jubilee Ministry Grants page
visit the Episcopal Church Roanridge Trust page
Society of the Episcopal Church for the Advancement of Christianity in Pennsylvania (a.k.a. the Long Name Society)
Contact the Diocesan office (Paula@diobeth.org) This grant must have approval of the Bishop. Send a letter of request stating your need in detail along with an appraisal of the present work and a copy of your recent parochial report.
This grant provides assistance for a variety of needs: repairs and installation of heating systems, roof and spouting repairs, driveways and parking lot repaving, carpeting, overdue bills, rectory repairs electrical improvements, etc.
Grants made in January, May and October. Deadlines for applications to be in the Diocesan Office are December 15, April 15 and September 15.
visit the Stroller Foundation website
United Thank Offering
The 2018 United Thank Offering Grant information will be available in December of 2017. The grant criteria and application can be found on the UTO website. All applications must be submitted via email to Paula Lapinski at the Diocesan Office in February. The Diocesan UTO grant committee will review all submissions and make one recommendation to the bishop for consideration. The deadline for the bishop’s submission to the UTO grant committee is in March.
Please email Cathy Bailey, the Diocese of Bethlehem’s UTO coordinator, to learn more or to ask questions.