147th Convention of the Diocese of Bethlehem
October 12-13, 2018
Seating of the new Bishop and Holy Eucharist will be at the Cathedral Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem.
The convention will be held at:
Homewood Suites by Hilton Center Valley
3350 Center Valley Parkway
Center Valley, PA 18034
Group Rate: $119 per night. Reservations need to be made prior to September 13th.
Reservations can be made by:
- Calling the hotel and mentioning code ECB
- Online with Homewood Suites using Group Code: ECB. Be sure to click on “add special rate codes” to enter the group code before clicking “check rooms & rates”.
Online registration is now open, click here to register.
- Please register by September 15.
- Registration cost will be $90 per person.
- For those wishing to attend the dinner only, the cost will be $40 per person.
Resolutions Submitted to the 147th Diocesan Convention Include:
- Download the 2019 Proposed Budget Summary (PDF)
Nominees for Elected Positions
Nominations for the 147th Diocese of Bethlehem Convention are in. Elections will occur for the positions below. Click here to view the list of nominees.
The Commission on Ministry
- Two to be elected.
- One (1) clergy person and one (1) lay person for a three-year term.
The Diocesan Council
- Four to be elected.
- Two (2) clergy persons and two (2) lay person for a three year term.
The Standing Committee
- Two to be elected.
- One (1) clergy person and one (1) lay person to be elected for a four-year term.
Lay Delegates to the 147th Diocesan Convention
Based on Title I Canon 1 Section 2 of the Canons of the Diocese of Bethlehem
Each Parish and each Mission shall elect one or more Lay Delegates based on the number of lay members as reported in the annual Parochial Report for the year ending December 31 preceding to to represent said Parish and Mission in Convention; and may also elect Alternates, equal in number to the Delegates to which the Parish or Mission is entitled, to take the place of the regular Delegates in case of absence:
Number of Lay Members Reported in Parochial Report
- Less than 100 1 (one) Lay Delegate
- 100 – 299 2 (two) Lay Delegates
- 300 – 499 3 (three) Lay Delegates
- 500 – 699 4 (four) Lay Delegates
Parishes or Missions reporting 700 or more lay members in the Parochial Report shall have an additional delegate for each additional 199 lay members reported above 700.
The certificate must be completed and sent to the diocesan office through mail, FAX or to email@example.com by February 28, 2018.
Certificate of Election of Lay Delegates (fillable PDF)