The Diocesan Mission Statement
Live God’s love: tell what you have seen and heard.
TO: Diocesan Ministries & Programs, Program Committee, Finance Committee
FROM: The Rev. Canon Anne Kitch, Canon to the Ordinary
DATE: April 7, 2017
SUBJECT: The 2018 Diocesan Budget Application Process
Attached you will find the budget application and worksheet to apply for funds from the 2018 Diocesan Mission and Ministry Budget. Applications must include a long-range plan and a three-year budget projection.
Please complete and return the application and worksheet to Paula Lapinski’s attention by May 8th, 2017. Council’s Program Committee will be making recommendations on all budget requests. The Finance Committee will be reviewing all applications in June, so that Council can approve the final budget and present it at the September Convention. Please contact Charlie Barebo or Paula Lapinski with any questions.
The Diocesan Vision for Mission: We seek to create communities of faith where all God’s people can deepen their relationship with Jesus. We seek so to live that the Holy Spirit might use us to draw others to Christ. We seek to welcome others to the fellowship of God’s church. This vision will lead us…
- To live lives of prayer, service, and compassion as we work to build a world of justice and peace.
- To proclaim the importance of our life together in Christ.
- To be open to change as the Holy Spirit prompts us.
Applications will be reviewed according to the mission priorities and available funds. These principles will guide the prioritizing of ministries to be funded in the diocesan budget.
- Ministry proposals must carry out the discerned mission and vision of this diocese.
- The Application must come from a community of interest/ministry.
- Ministries and Budgets must be mission-oriented, rather than maintenance-oriented and be developed in a “zero-based” process; looking to the future, not to what has been done in the past.
- Proposed Budgets must be specific, measurable and linked to actual needs, goals, plans, and programs.