- Who We Are
- What's Happening
- How We Serve
- Sharing New Hope
- How We Work
- August 29, 2014 Ellyn Siftar [From Bishop Sean] With deep regret, I write to announce that I have accepted the resignation of Ellyn Siftar as the Missioner for Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
- August 29, 2014 Youth Delegates elected for Diocesan Convention The 2014 Youth Delegates to Diocesan Convention have been elected and announced.
- August 27, 2014 Celtic spirituality initiative at Bethlehem cathedral [Melinda Rizzo] A new experience offered by the Cathedral Church of the Nativity, based in Bethlehem, offers spiritual open space through a new twist on an ancient practice.
- August 27, 2014 'New and creative ways of prayer' available for everyday life [Episcopal News Service] What is being called “a daily office for the 21st century” is now available to members of the Episcopal Church and beyond. “Daily Prayer for All Seasons,” developed by the Standing Commission on Liturgy and Music offers a variation on the Book of Common Prayer’s tradition of prayers for morning, noon, evening and nighttime.
- August 21, 2014 Church sees imperative role in racial justice, reconciliation [Episcopal News Service] While the fatal police shooting of an unarmed African-American teenager continued to spark protests in Ferguson, Missouri, Episcopalians throughout the U.S. were grappling with a tough reality that it could have happened just about anywhere and with a difficult question: what should the church be doing about it?
The Diocese of Bethlehem Welcomes You!
Live God's love. Tell what you have seen and heard!
Welcome to the Diocese of Bethlehem! We are a community of parishes and institutions in the fourteen counties of Northeastern Pennsylvania. We seek to celebrate and share the love of God in word and deed. We are a part of The Episcopal Church and through it members of the Anglican Communion, the world’s third-largest body of Christians. In all that we do, we aim to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ. Learn More...
Announcing our new Bishop Provisional:
The Right Reverend Sean Rowe
VIDEO // CANTICLE COMMUNICATIONS
The Standing Committee of the Episcopal Diocese of Bethlehem, a group of elected clergy and lay leaders, announced on January 16 that the Rt. Rev. Sean Rowe, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Northwestern Pennsylvania, was the nominee for provisional bishop of Bethlehem. The special convention on March 1st, elected Bishop Sean Rowe to be the new Bishop Provisional for the diocese.